From domestic manufacturing to economic nationalization by proxy to proof of health on a blockchain, a preview of the decade to come.
Joe McCann currently works in cloud and AI at Microsoft and has spent decades in tech, crypto and open source communities. He recently wrote a piece called “A New, New World Order” about the second and third order effects of COVID-19.
In this conversation, Joe and NLW discuss:
- Localism and the beginning of the end of globalization
- The return of domestic manufacturing
- The "Roaring 20s" of Inflation
- The inevitability of Universal Basic Income in response to inflation
- QE infinity and the U.S.’s nationalization by proxy
- National health care as national security and why microbes are this decade’s terrorists
- Proof-of-health, and why it’s likely to be implemented on a blockchain
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.