From domestic manufacturing to economic nationalization by proxy to proof of health on a blockchain, a preview of the decade to come.
Joe McCann currently works in cloud and AI at Microsoft and has spent decades in tech, crypto and open source communities. He recently wrote a piece called “A New, New World Order” about the second and third order effects of COVID-19.
In this conversation, Joe and NLW discuss:
- Localism and the beginning of the end of globalization
- The return of domestic manufacturing
- The "Roaring 20s" of Inflation
- The inevitability of Universal Basic Income in response to inflation
- QE infinity and the U.S.’s nationalization by proxy
- National health care as national security and why microbes are this decade’s terrorists
- Proof-of-health, and why it’s likely to be implemented on a blockchain
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.