On a day that saw $2.3 trillion in new stimulus from the Federal Reserve, Pomp argues a better alternative is investing in entrepreneurs and being willing to let businesses fail.
As host of the Pomp Podcast, author of the daily Off The Chain newsletter, and founder partner at Morgan Creek Digital Assets, Anthony Pompliano is one of the best known media personalities and investors in the crypto industry.
In this episode Pomp and @NLW discuss:
- The Fed’s just-announced $2.3 trillion stimulus package - including the authorization to buy junk bonds
- Why media and trust have fallen to their lowest levels ever
- The lack of a plan to restart the economy
- Why bitcoin was sold in last month's larger market sell-off
- Why smart institutional investors are looking to bitcoin as a hedge when the deflationary environment turns inflationary
- Why companies have to be allowed to fail to increase resilience
- Why the best way to build a resilience economy is to put money in the hands of entrepreneurs and small businesses
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.