As the crypto community digests a new wave of government intervention and stimulus, Michael Casey and Noelle Acheson join for a discussion.
CoinDesk Chief Content Officer Michael Casey and Head of Research Noelle Acheson join for a lively debate about the new $2 trillion stimulus package and era of “unlimited” QE, including:
- Whether (and on what time scale) fiscal and monetary stimulus might lead to inflation
- Whether the Federal Reserve buying corporate bonds amounts to a nationalization of the bond markets
- Why the appearance of a "digital dollar" in an earlier stimulus proposal was a huge surprise
- How a digital dollar in the form proposed would upset the balance of power among the Fed, commercial banks and citizens
- Why trust in governments and financial institutions is likely to achieve new lows in the wake of COVID-19
- Why people are reevaluating the meaning and purpose of money
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.