As the crypto community digests a new wave of government intervention and stimulus, Michael Casey and Noelle Acheson join for a discussion.
CoinDesk Chief Content Officer Michael Casey and Head of Research Noelle Acheson join for a lively debate about the new $2 trillion stimulus package and era of “unlimited” QE, including:
- Whether (and on what time scale) fiscal and monetary stimulus might lead to inflation
- Whether the Federal Reserve buying corporate bonds amounts to a nationalization of the bond markets
- Why the appearance of a "digital dollar" in an earlier stimulus proposal was a huge surprise
- How a digital dollar in the form proposed would upset the balance of power among the Fed, commercial banks and citizens
- Why trust in governments and financial institutions is likely to achieve new lows in the wake of COVID-19
- Why people are reevaluating the meaning and purpose of money
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.