What one of the worst weeks in recent history can teach us about market fundamentals, featuring prominent crypto trader Scott Melker.
After weeks of not reacting to coronavirus, the markets took a profound turn for the worse this week, leading ultimately to the fastest correction - i.e. loss of 10 percent - in recorded history.
In this episode of The Breakdown, @NLW is joined by crypto trader DJ and broad market thinker Scott Melker to discuss:
- What the crypto markets demonstrated this week
- What recent price action suggests about bitcoin (BTC) as a safe-haven narrative
- Why it’s insane that just two weeks ago, despite tens (or hundreds) of millions of people being quarantined in the supply chain capital of the world, stock markets were reaching all-time highs
- How we went from those ATHs to the fastest correction (10 percent drop) in recorded history
- What the correction suggests for the fundamentals of our economy
- Why central bankers have fewer options than ever to fight economic turmoil
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.