UPDATE (31st January, 11:34 GMT):
The New York Department of Financial Services is shortly to begin its hearing about bitcoin and other digital currencies.
Taking place in the 4th Floor Boardroom of 90 Church Street, New York, the hearing is set to begin at 11:30 (EST) today (28th January) and the second session will begin tomorrow at 10:00.
Tuesday 28th January
Title: The Investor Perspective: The Future of Virtual Currencies
Time: 11:30 - 13:30
Title: Virtual Currencies and Regulation in an Evolving Landscape
Time: 14:30 - 16:30
- Charles Lee, creator of litecoin
- Judie Rinearson, partner, Bryan Cave
- Carol Van Cleef, partner, Patton Boggs
- TBD Additional Witnesses
Wednesday 28th January
Title: Law Enforcement and Virtual Currencies
Time: 10:00 – 11:00
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr, District Attorney of New York County
- Richard B. Zabel, Deputy US Attorney for the Southern District of New York
Title: Virtual Currency Commerce and Consumer Protections
Time: 11:30 – 13:30
Title: The Academic View on Virtual Currencies
Time: 14:30 – 16:00
- Ed W. Felten, professor of computer science and public affairs, and director of the Center for Information Technology Policy, Princeton University
- Susan Athey, professor of economics, Stanford University
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.