MetaMask is one of the most widely used and downloaded wallets for keeping digital assets such as cryptocurrencies. If you’re just getting started with a MetaMask wallet, you may not realize that you can connect it with many other blockchains beyond Ethereum.
Read more: How to Set Up a MetaMask Wallet
MetaMask is extremely versatile and is compatible with most decentralized applications (dapps) and decentralized exchanges (DEXs), including the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). If you want to use MetaMask with the Binance Smart Chain, here’s an easy step-by-step guide to make it simple.
Steps to connect MetaMask to BSC
1. Open and log in to your MetaMask wallet.
2. From the account options, which is a circle icon, go to “Settings.”
3. Once you are in settings, select “Networks."
4. Press the “Add Network” button.
5. You will be taken to a new screen. This is the most important step because this is where you will add the information to connect to the Binance Smart Chain. Input the following new information and press save:
Network Name: Smart Chain
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
6. Upon adding that information, you will be brought back to the wallet screen. There are two signs that the Binance Smart Chain was added to your MetaMask wallet. The two red boxes shown in the screenshot below confirm it. The first box above shows the BNB token standard, and the bottom right shows “Smart Chain was successfully added."
7. To deposit binance coin (BNB) into your wallet, you need to obtain your wallet address by clicking on it. You can then send BNB to your wallet.