MetaMask is one of the most widely used and downloaded wallets for keeping digital assets such as cryptocurrencies. If you’re just getting started with a MetaMask wallet, you may not realize that you can connect it with many other blockchains beyond Ethereum.
Read more: How to Set Up a MetaMask Wallet
Steps to connect MetaMask to BSC
1. Open and log in to your MetaMask wallet.
2. From the account options, which is a circle icon, go to “Settings.”
3. Once you are in settings, select “Networks."
4. Press the “Add Network” button.
5. You will be taken to a new screen. This is the most important step because this is where you will add the information to connect to the Binance Smart Chain. Input the following new information and press save:
Network Name: Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
6. Upon adding that information, you will be brought back to the wallet screen. There are two signs that the Binance Smart Chain was added to your MetaMask wallet. The two red boxes shown in the screenshot below confirm it. The first box above shows the BNB token standard, and the bottom right shows “Smart Chain was successfully added."
7. To deposit binance coin (BNB) into your wallet, you need to obtain your wallet address by clicking on it. You can then send BNB to your wallet.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.