As with connecting to any token, there are a few steps to claiming a DESK airdrop: creating a wallet, changing the network to Polygon, connecting your wallet to the airdrop page and importing the token.
We’ll walk you through how to get set up so you can earn and spend DESK.
Creating a wallet
If you don't already have a wallet, we suggest creating a Metamask wallet.
Installing and setting up MetaMask
1. MetaMask is available to download and install on Chrome, iOS, or Android through the MetaMask website. Always check if you are using the official website to make sure you’re downloading the real MetaMask extension.
Learn how to set up MetaMask here.
You can also use any other wallet that accepts Polygon, including but not limited to Coinbase Wallet and the WalletConnect tool.
After the initial setup, your wallet will be connected only to Ethereum. Next, you'll connect Metamask to Polygon.
Switching networks from Ethereum to Polygon
1. Adding Polygon support to your wallet involves adding some network details to the extension. First, open MetaMask and click the network dropdown menu:
2. Now, click "Add Network" on the pop-up.
3. You’ll need to add the following details on the "Add a network" page that will open. Click "Save" when you’re finished.
Network Name: Polygon
Chain ID: 137
Currency Symbol: MATIC
Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
Note: If you have a DESK claim link (from a coindesk.coinvise.com URL), you'll be automatically guided through this step. Select “Connect Wallet” and your wallet type, click “Connect” and “Sign.” Next, select “Claim Airdrop.” Allow Coinvise to add a new network. Click “Approve" and then “Switch Network” to finish connecting to Polygon.
4. You’ll now be connected to the Polygon network.
After you’ve created a wallet and switched to Polygon, you’ll be ready to import the DESK token.
1. First, you’ll need the token address. This is the admin address that minted the token. DESK’s contract address is:
2. Return to MetaMask and click "Import tokens."
3. Copy and paste DESK’s contract address and MetaMask should automatically fill in the rest of the details. If not, add them manually: DESK is the token symbol and the Token Decimal is 18.
To finish, click "Add Custom Token."
4. Click "Import Tokens."
5. Your wallet will now display a DESK balance, which is zero until you claim an airdrop:
Now that you’ve set everything up, you’re ready to claim some DESK. Those who are registered for Consensus 2022 will receive some airdrops ahead of the event, so make sure you’re registered ASAP.
(Note: If on mobile, use your wallet browser to claim.)
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.