Unstoppable Domains Hits Unicorn Status With $65M Series A
The funding was led by Pantera Capital, with Polygon, CoinDCX and CoinGecko also contributing.
Web3 digital identity service provider Unstoppable Domains has raised a $64 million Series A funding round led by Pantera Capital. Also participating were Polygon, CoinDCX and CoinGecko.
- The raise gives the firm "unicorn" status, a term applied to startups with a valuation of $1 billion or more.
- Unstoppable Domains provides domains in the form of non-fungible tokens (NFT) in order to give users a digital identity suited to 150 different Web3 applications.
- One such advantage of this would be to replace lengthy crypto wallet addresses, making them more user friendly.
- The firm said that so far it has registered 2.5 million such domains.
- Unstoppable Domains plans to use the $64 million to grow its partnerships with Web3 apps and improve its product.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.