A community dedicated to FTT, the native token of cryptocurrency exchange FTX, has raised $7 million (250,000 FTT), which will be converted into an ecosystem fund, according to a press release.
- The fund will contribute to community-led projects across decentralized finance (DeFi) and crypto education.
- "I'm aware of FTT DAO, and it's cool that the community is spontaneously coming together," Bankman-Fried said in the statement.
- In the statement, the DAO said its members are "Bankman-Fried fans/followers/friends. We share the same values as SBF (Sam Bankman-Fried) and support his mission to give back to society in order to make a positive impact on our world."
- The FTT token was issued in 2019 as a cryptocurrency that gave FTX users discounted fees, increased affiliate revenue and access to initial exchange offerings (IEOs).
- FTT was recently trading at $27.64, down 2.4% over the past 24 hours.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.