Blockchain Payments Firm Roxe to List via $3.6B SPAC Deal
The company is planning to trade on Nasdaq next year.
Blockchain payments firm Roxe will list on Nasdaq through a combination with special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Goldenstone Acquisition Ltd. (GDST), according to a press release.
- Roxe is the latest in a string on crypto-related firms to go public via a merger with a SPAC, which are shell companies created for the purpose of listing firms.
- The deal with Delaware-based Goldenstone Acquisition is worth $3.6 billion. The combined company will trade under the ticker "ROXE."
- "This is an important milestone for Roxe. Our merger with Goldenstone will augment our ability to accelerate our growth and empower users to streamline payments, financial transactions and value exchange across the globe," said Josh Li, Roxe's chief business officer.
- New Jersey-based Roxe plans to create a global payments network between individuals, banks and businesses using its native blockchain, the Roxe Chain.
- In September, it launched a central bank digital currency initiative that allows developing nations free use of its digital currency issuance tool.
- The SPAC transaction remains subject to approval from Goldenstone shareholders and is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.