Celsius Network Pauses AMAs, With Customers Left in the Dark Over Withdrawals
Celsius has not yet provided an update on the status of withdrawals from its platform as regulators investigate.
Celsius Network, the crypto lending platform that halted customer withdrawals last week, has paused YouTube question and answer sessions and Twitter Spaces as it "navigates unprecedented challenges," according to an announcement.
- "We want our community to know that our objective continues to be stabilizing our liquidity and operations. This process will take time," the announcement read.
- Since its launch in 2018, Celsius has held a live "ask-me-anything" (AMA) that would reveal the platform's inflows, outflows and new registrants.
- CEO Alex Mashinsky had planned to be on such a session on Friday before it was canceled minutes before its scheduled time.
- Celsius customers, many of whom still have substantial amounts of capital locked on the platform, have not received any form of update from the lender following last week's freeze.
- Texas and four other states are actively investigating Celsius over the decision to halt withdrawals.
- "As has been a priority since our company’s inception, we maintain an open dialogue with regulators and officials," the statement added.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.