Non-fungible token (NFT) scaling platform Immutable launched a $500 million venture fund focused on Web 3 games and NFT projects, according to a statement Friday.
- The new venture fund will also build on the Immutable X protocol through token grants and investments. IMX is Immutable X’s native token.
- Immutable said the fund will collaborate with crypto and gaming investors including BITKRAFT, Animoca, Arrington Capital, Double Peak, Airtree, King River Capital and GameStop.
- Immutable Ventures has invested in Web3 companies and NFT startups including Starkware, Stardust, PlanetQuest and Topology.
- Some of the names already building on Immutable include GameStop (GME), TikTok, Opensea, Ember Sword and more.
- In March, Immutable raised $200 million in a Series C funding round that was led by Singapore state investment fund Temasek at a $2.5 billion valuation.
Earlier this year, GameStop partnered with Immutable X for the launch of its NFT marketplace.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.