Non-fungible token (NFT) scaling platform Immutable launched a $500 million venture fund focused on Web 3 games and NFT projects, according to a statement Friday.
- The new venture fund will also build on the Immutable X protocol through token grants and investments. IMX is Immutable X’s native token.
- Immutable said the fund will collaborate with crypto and gaming investors including BITKRAFT, Animoca, Arrington Capital, Double Peak, Airtree, King River Capital and GameStop.
- Immutable Ventures has invested in Web3 companies and NFT startups including Starkware, Stardust, PlanetQuest and Topology.
- Some of the names already building on Immutable include GameStop (GME), TikTok, Opensea, Ember Sword and more.
- In March, Immutable raised $200 million in a Series C funding round that was led by Singapore state investment fund Temasek at a $2.5 billion valuation.
Earlier this year, GameStop partnered with Immutable X for the launch of its NFT marketplace.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.