PancakeSwap Aims to Reduce CAKE Supply and Increase Farming Rewards
The PancakeSwap team has proposed a supply cap alongside new features that will enhance the utility of its token.
Decentralized Finance (DeFi) application PancakeSwap has released a governance proposal that outlines a roadmap for its native token, CAKE.
- The proposal, which was passed with a 98.8% majority across 11 million votes, suggests imposing a supply cap of 750 million for the CAKE token.
- CAKE currently has a circulating supply of 295 million. The maximum supply is expected to be in circulation within the next three to four years.
- The roadmap also details a plan of how to add value to the Pancake staking system, with vCAKE, bCAKE and iCAKE being created to increase farming rewards, boost initial farm offering (IFO) benefits and scale up governance voting capabilities.
- The aim of adding this functionality is to have PancakeSwap users stake more CAKE to force a reduction in circulating supply.
- Pseudonymous members of the PancakeSwap team will discuss the new roadmap with the community during a Twitter spaces at 13:00 UTC on Thursday.
- The application's native token has suffered like much of the cryptocurrency market this week, posting a 22.86% decline over the past 24 hours to trade at $4.02.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.