French blockchain gaming platform Cometh has raised $10 million in a funding round to develop future games and blockchain software, the company wrote in a blog post on Thursday.
- The funding round was led by venture capital firm White Star Capital and decentralized autonomous organization Stake Capital.
- Blockchain games have gained hype thanks to metaverse worlds such as The Sandbox and Decentraland garnering millions of dollars into the space.
- “We have received immense interest from major game studios and brands alike regarding our white label solutions and integration of blockchain technology in the world of gaming,” the company wrote in its post.
- Venture capital firms Serena, Shima Capital and IDEO CoLab Ventures also participated in the round.
- Several video games and collaborations with Cometh will be released in the coming months.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.