Online investing platform Yieldstreet announced the opening of its Enhanced Crypto Fund, with Osprey Funds as sub-advisor to the new vehicle.
- The Yieldstreet Enhanced Crypto Fund plans to invest in 5 to 10 of the largest digital assets by market capitalization, according to the press release. It will include larger altcoins and some emerging blockchain protocols, but will stay away from tokens with security issues or meme coins.
- The fund has no cap on how much it can raise and will remain open indefinitely, a Yieldstreet spokesperson told CoinDesk in an email.
- Founded in 2015, Yieldstreet said it has since funded over $2.2 billion of investments.
- A digital asset manager offering the publicly-traded Osprey Bitcoin Trust, as well as investment trusts for Polkadot, Algorand, Solana and Polygon, Osprey said its crypto products raised more than $100 million last year.
- In February, Yieldstreet announced its first-ever crypto fund, which gave investors access to Pantera Capital’s early-stage token fund. Yieldstreet at the time told CoinDesk early investors were expected to contribute about $20 million to that vehicle.
Read more: Asset Manager Osprey Launches Polygon Fund
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.