Yieldstreet Partners With Osprey for Latest Crypto Fund
The Enhanced Crypto Fund will offer exposure to up to 10 of the largest digital assets by market capitalization.
Online investing platform Yieldstreet announced the opening of its Enhanced Crypto Fund, with Osprey Funds as sub-advisor to the new vehicle.
- The Yieldstreet Enhanced Crypto Fund plans to invest in 5 to 10 of the largest digital assets by market capitalization, according to the press release. It will include larger altcoins and some emerging blockchain protocols, but will stay away from tokens with security issues or meme coins.
- The fund has no cap on how much it can raise and will remain open indefinitely, a Yieldstreet spokesperson told CoinDesk in an email.
- Founded in 2015, Yieldstreet said it has since funded over $2.2 billion of investments.
- A digital asset manager offering the publicly-traded Osprey Bitcoin Trust, as well as investment trusts for Polkadot, Algorand, Solana and Polygon, Osprey said its crypto products raised more than $100 million last year.
- In February, Yieldstreet announced its first-ever crypto fund, which gave investors access to Pantera Capital’s early-stage token fund. Yieldstreet at the time told CoinDesk early investors were expected to contribute about $20 million to that vehicle.
Read more: Asset Manager Osprey Launches Polygon Fund
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.