0x Labs, which provides a decentralized exchange (DEX) protocol and non-fungible token (NFT) standards and infrastructure, has raised $70 million at an undisclosed valuation in a Series B round led by Greylock Partners and including NFT marketplace OpenSea, Pantera Capital, Jump Crypto and actor Jared Leto, according to a press release provided to CoinDesk. Forbes first reported on the news.
- 0x offers a liquidity application programming interface that developers can use to split up transactions between decentralized exchanges to find the best prices and throughput. Supported exchanges include Uniswap, Curve and Oasis.
- The firm also offers Matcha, a global liquidity and markets search engine that helps users trade their tokens at the best prices.
- Last week, 0x Labs' native ZRX token soared 47% after an announcement that 0x would power the NFT marketplace of Coinbase (COIN), which operates the second largest crypto exchange in terms of trading volume.
- The ZRX token is up almost 15% over the past 24 hours.
- 0x Labs raised $15 million in February 2021 led by Pantera.
UPDATE (April 26, 15:02 UTC): Updated sourcing and removed 'report from headline.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.