Abra Targets High-Net-Worth Clients With New Asset Management Division
The newly formed Abra Capital Management will require a minimum investment of $250,000.
Crypto brokerage platform Abra has opened Abra Capital Management (ACM), which it said is intended to give clients access to actively managed, structured products and investment funds.
- ACM launched with plans for five funds, three of which will target yield-generating opportunities in stablecoins, bitcoin (BTC) and ether (ETH), and two others that will target early stage token and equity investments, the company said in a statement.
- “As investor appetite for access to the emerging digital asset economy has skyrocketed, so has the demand for solutions that can help them diversify their exposure and invest in high-growth, yet relatively inaccessible, vehicles,” Abra founder and CEO Bill Barhydt said in a statement. “Most exchanges and crypto platforms are limited in the solutions they can offer.”
- Marissa Kim, who recently joined ACM as a general partner, will lead the new business. She previously founded Quantum Global Management, an investment firm focused on thematic investments in the Web 3 space. Barhydt will serve as chief investment officer.
- ACM’s funds require a minimum investment size of $250,000.
- In September, Abra raised $55 million in Series C funding to develop new offerings geared toward high-net-worth and institutional clients.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.