Coinbase to Hire 1,000 People in India Expansion
The growth plan will quadruple the number of the exchange's employees in the country.
Crypto exchange Coinbase (COIN) plans to quadruple the number of employees in India by year end, CEO Brian Armstrong said in a blog post, adding 1,000 to the existing 300 staff at its Indian tech hub, which started last year.
- "We have ambitious plans for India and seek to hire over 1,000 people in our India hub this year alone," Armstrong, who is currently in the country, wrote in the blog.
- On Feb. 15 the company announced its global "plans to add 2,000 employees across Product, Engineering and Design in 2022."
- Armstrong also announced that on Thursday, Coinbase will be "hosting a crypto community event in Bangalore to discuss the future of crypto and [Web 3] in India."
- In a previous blog post titled "Lighting Up The Map: How Coinbase Plans To Scale Globally" the company said it plans to "double down on regional investments, adding to its portfolio of platforms such as CoinSwitch Kuber and CoinDCX in India ..." to "accelerate the growth of the cryptoeconomy globally."
- Coinbase is the world's second-largest exchange by trade volume. It was founded in June 2012 by Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.