Eldridge, A16z Lead $620M Financing Round for Fintech Cross River Bank
Coinbase, Stripe, Affirm and Rock Loans are among Cross River’s more than 80 customers.
Cross River Bank, a financial technology company offering embedded financial products, including fiat on- and off-ramps for crypto companies, has closed a $620 million funding round at an undisclosed valuation.
- The capital raise was led by Eldridge and Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), with participation from funds advised by T. Rowe Price (TROW), Whale Rock and Hanaco Ventures.
- The new funding will be used to boost Cross River’s growth strategy, including expanding the company’s lead in embedded payments, lending and crypto solutions; investing in its people and communities; international expansion; and strategic partnerships.
- Among Cross River’s offerings, according to the company website, are fiat on- and off-ramps for crypto exchanges, non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces and crypto wallets. Services include secure ACH money transfers, real-time transfers to Mastercard (MA) and Visa (V), and wire transfers.
- Coinbase (COIN) is among Cross River’s more than 80 customers, as are Stripe, Affirm (AFRM) and Rock Loans.
- “Whether it’s lending, transfers, payments and more, Cross River will offer its partners a regulatory compliant and approved framework to increase their crypto offerings and expand their reach – the same way Cross River was able to support the growth of now category leaders within personal lending and BNPL, among others.” said Lior Prosor, general partner and co-founder of Hanaco Ventures, in a statement.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.