Grayscale Investments unveiled its “Smart Contract Platform ex Ethereum Fund” on Tuesday, aiming to offer exposure to smart contract technology outside of the Ethereum blockchain.
- The fund, referred to as “GSCPxE,” will track the CoinDesk Smart Contract Platform Select Ex ETH Index, according to a statement.
- Current holdings are Cardano’s ADA with a 24.6% weighting, Solana’s SOL at 24.3%, Avalanche’s AVAX at 17%, Polkadot’s DOT at 16.2%, Polygon’s MATIC at 9.7%, Algorand’s ALGO at 4.3% and Stellar’s XLM at 4.1%.
- “Investor demand for diversified exposure has grown in parallel to the ongoing evolution of the crypto ecosystem,” said Grayscale CEO Michael Sonnenshein.
- Grayscale parent company Digital Currency Group is also the owner of CoinDesk, which is run as an independent subsidiary.
- The fund is currently only offered in a private placement to accredited investors, but as Grayscale has done for nine of its other investment products, the firm will seek to obtain a public quotation on the secondary markets, according to the statement.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.