Dave (DAVE), a publicly traded banking app, has made a strategic partnership with FTX US, the stateside arm of cryptocurrency exchange giant FTX. The company also received a $100 million investment from FTX Ventures, the exchange’s $2 billion venture capital fund.
- FTX US and Dave are currently exploring how to introduce digital asset payments onto Dave’s platform. FTX US will serve as the exclusive partner for any crypto offerings.
- The $100 million investment from FTX Ventures was through a convertible note, a type of short-term debt.
- “We consistently look to align with companies that share our vision, have unique and disruptive business models, and can help drive widespread adoption of digital assets. Dave is a great fit as they check all three boxes,” said FTX US President Brett Harrison in a press release.
- Dave, which counts billionaire Mark Cuban among its backers, went public in January through a $4 billion merger with special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III.
- Earlier this year, FTX US raised $400 million at an $8 billion valuation in one of the crypto industry’s largest Series A rounds.
- Shares of Dave closed up 4.85% in Monday’s trading, and were up about 3% in after-hours trading. The company also reported fourth-quarter earnings after the close on Monday.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.