DeFi Analytics Firm Treehouse Raises $18M Seed Funding
Treehouse aims to provide retail investors the infrastructure needed for them to make informed decisions on their DeFi positions
Decentralized finance (DeFi) analytics firm Treehouse has raised $18 million in seed funding to fuel its financial inclusionary goals.
- The round was led by an "undisclosed large fintech investor" with participation from several others including Binance, Lightspeed, Wintermute and Jump Capital, Treehouse announced on Wednesday.
- The round also participation from Mirana Ventures, MassMutual Ventures, Binance, Global Founders Capital, Moonvault Capital, GSR, K3 Ventures, LeadBlock Partners, Coinhako, Bitpanda and Pintu, among others.
- Treehouse is aiming to provide infrastructure for investors to make informed decisions on their DeFi positions. DeFi is an umbrella term for lending, trading and other financial activities carried out on a blockchain without traditional middlemen.
- The firm's flagship product, Harvest, is used to deconstruct user data and presents them with risk metrics, profit and loss and other historical data with the aim of establishing a DeFi data analysis standard.
- The funds will be used to expand Harvest's blockchain and protocol coverage and build more products for retail and institutional users.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.