Payment technology provider Shift4 has bought crypto donation marketplace The Giving Block, Shift4 said on Tuesday.
- The deal is for an upfront payment of $54 million and potential payment of up to $246 million, which consists of 75% stock and 25% cash, Shift4 said in an investor presentation.
- The Giving Block had $5 million in revenue last year, and that is expected to at least double in 2022. The deal will add at least $5 million in adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda) to Shift4 in 2023.
- The Giving Block offers users a marketplace to make donations to more than 1,300 nonprofits via cryptocurrencies.
- Shift4 also acquired e-commerce services provider Finaro, the company said.
- Shares of Shift4 (FOUR) were down over 4% during premarket trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.