Web 3 Browser Opera Integrates With Ethereum Layer 2 Exchange DeversiFi
DeversiFi's aim is to help traders avoid the high gas fees on the Ethereum network by enabling layer 2 trading.
Web 3 browser Opera has integrated decentralized finance (DeFi) trading platform DeversiFi to bring a layer 2 Ethereum wallet to its users.
- Opera for Android will become the first mobile browser with a layer 2 Ethereum wallet, Opera said in an emailed announcement Wednesday.
- DeversiFi's aim is to help traders avoid the high gas fees on the Ethereum network by enabling layer 2 trading.
- Opera's "Crypto Browser Project" launched in beta earlier this month as an internet browser with built-in Web 3 integrations. Its main selling point is its crypto wallet, which is intended to work for every application that has Opera integration and allow users to switch between apps without having to sign into their wallets for every new tab.
- With its DeversiFi integration, Opera aims to enable users to transact on Ethereum's layer 2 directly, offering them fast transacting at low costs.
- "Layer 2" is a broad term for services designed to expand, or scale, blockchains, speeding up transaction times and reducing costs. In this case, Ethereum layer 2 services are designed to handle transactions off the network's mainnet in order to reduce traffic.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.