Shiba Inu has launched a beta version of a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) to give users more authority to decide on crypto projects and pairs on the ShibaSwap platform, according to a blog post.
- The dogecoin rival will release Doggy Dao in a “stage-by-stage” metric and phased approach. The first phase called “DAO 1″ will be implemented within the next few days.
- The DAO 1 phase will focus on “providing immediate power to the community to decide which crypto projects and pairs on the ShibaSwap WOOF Pools will be, and how the $BONE rewards (Allocation Points) are to be distributed amongst them,” the team said.
- The Dao will use $tBONE for voting rights, which is a new staking contract, to lock $BONE for a longer period of time before voting begins.
- Once the first phase is complete, using community feedback, Shiba Inu will release a newer version, called “DAO 2,” to allow the community to make generic proposals for consideration or review by a “Multisig-Team and Breeds,” according to the blog.
- Shiba Inu noted that to avoid possible whales controlling the voting process, “the guardians (6/9 wallet)” will have final say on whether a pair should be listed or not, to ensure no one is “truly gaming the system.”
- On Dec. 22, shiba inu’s price spiked after whales added to existing positions, with one wallet buying nearly $134 million of the token.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.