Ozzy Osbourne, the former lead singer of the heavy metal band Black Sabbath who bit the head off a bat during a concert in 1982, is making his first foray into NFTs, Rolling Stone reported.
- The collection, which Osborne created himself and announced in a Twitter post early Tuesday, will comprise 9,666 unique non-fungible token bats, a nod to the infamous concert, according the report, which cited a press release.
- This NFT comes with something “unique:” Each Cryptobat has a feature that, when activated, will let collectors “birth” an additional NFT by allowing their purchase to “bite” and mutate with another NFT from their digital wallet.
- The feature, called “MutantBatz,” will subsequently allow owners to combine the attributes of two separate projects.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club, Cryptotoadz, SupDucks and a fourth, unidentified entity are involved in the project, according to Rolling Stone.
- Pre-sales are available now through the CryptoBatz Discord channel; a further 2,500 guaranteed CryptoBat pre-sale whitelist passes will be available exclusively through the same channel.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.