OSL has hired senior positions in digital, technology, execution services, product and sales, the exchange and its parent, BC Technology Group, said in an announcement shared with CoinDesk on Wednesday.
- Martijn de Jong joins OSL as chief digital officer, overseeing marketing, design, CX, digital servicing, onboarding, data analytics and products. De Jong previously worked at Standard Chartered Bank as managing director and global head of digital platforms and innovation. He has also held senior positions at Aegon, Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone.
- Ricky Tsang is chief information officer, BC. He joins from Tencent where he was chief technology officer of Fusion Bank, a joint venture, licensed virtual bank in Hong Kong that includes Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) and Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, among others.
- Jean-David Péquignot was named global head of execution services, OSL. Péquignot has about 20 years of experience in trading, sales, market structuring and structured products. He has held several senior positions in major banks, most recently at Westpac Institutional Bank, where, among other positions, he served as deputy chief executive, Hong Kong, and head of global markets Hong Kong.
- Mark Hammond joins as head of product, OSL. He previously worked at Liquid, a regulated digital asset exchange, as chief product officer and head of flow products and API. Hammond oversaw electronic pricing and execution services at Citi, Standard Chartered Bank, and Merrill Lynch, and was head of engineering, data and security at a Sequoia-backed startup.
- OSL also beefed up its sales teams, hiring UBS and Julius Baer veteran Shaun Lin as head of digital asset wealth sales in Singapore and JP Morgan and Credit Suisse alum Tim Griffin as head of prime sales, also in Singapore.
- “This has been a year of growth,” OSL CEO Wayne Trench said in the announcement. “We’ve seen record platform volumes over the past several months as well as new product launches and the continued development of a strong pipeline of global customers across all business units.”
- Also in December, OSL secured registration as a Money Services Business with the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and hired RBS and Merrill Lynch veteran Jeffery Howard as its Head of North America Business Development and Institutional Sales.
- BC Group and Standard Chartered on June 2 announced a partnership to launch a digital asset brokerage and exchange joint-venture with an initial focus on the European and U.K. markets.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.