Silvergate Bank Looks to Raise $461M in Public Stock Offering
The shares will be priced at a maximum $145 each.
Silvergate Bank is looking to raise around $461 million through sale of 3.31 million shares of common stock.
- The crypto-focused bank estimates that net proceeds will be around $532 million if underwriters exercise their option to purchase additional shares in full, according to a filing Wednesday.
- The shares will be priced at a maximum $145 each.
- Silvergate intends to use the net proceeds to supplement its regulatory capital levels and support its growth through strategic acquisitions and other initiatives.
- According to the filing, Silvergate’s digital currency deposits were $15.6 billion as of Nov. 30.
- The bank recently received an endorsement from JPMorgan, when the investment banking giant gave Silvergate an overweight recommendation.
- The company’s shares closed at $165.16 on the New York Stock Exchange yesterday.
UPDATE (Dec. 8, 11:53 UTC): Adds proposed sale price in second bullet point.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.