Argo, Celsius End Mining-Services Pact as They Settle US Court Case
Argo will pay $6.3 million to cover its outstanding bill, and Celsius will give an unspecified amount of bitcoin to the miner.
Argo Blockchain, the U.K.’s only publicly listed crypto miner, said on Wednesday that it has reached an agreement with Celsius Network to settle their pending litigation in the New Jersey federal court.
- The London-based Argo will pay Celsius $6.3 million to cover its remaining obligations under a November 2020 leasing agreement. In return, it will take ownership of some Bitmain S19 Antminer S19 Pro mining machines, it said in statement.
- The companies also agreed to end Argo’s mining-services agreement, and Argo will receive an unspecified amount of bitcoin from Celsius. Other terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
- In February, Argo said it has installed 4,500 mining machines from Celsius Network, which was the final delivery of Antminers under Argo’s lease agreement with Celsius.
- In March, Argo bought land for a data center in West Texas and has been buying machines to kit it out.
- As of Nov. 30, Argo’s mining capacity grew by 310 petahashes per second to 1.605 exahashes per second.
- Argo Blockchain’s shares (LSE: ARB) were 1.9% higher in London at press time. The company started trading on the Nasdaq Global Market (NASDAQ: ARBK) in September.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.