- Earnity said the platform will allow users to earn, learn about, collect and gift a variety of tokens and portfolios in a secure, community-oriented way.
- Earnity was founded by Domenic Carosa, who also founded fiat-crypto payment processor Banxa Holdings and co-founded crypto-focused investment fund Apollo Capital.
- Other participants in the round included institutional investors Thorney, which is an Australian Securities Exchange-listed company, and blockchain fund NGC Ventures.
- As part of the leading investment, BitNile’s executive vice president of alternative investments, Christopher Wu, will join Earnity’s board of directors. The two companies will also form joint ventures to develop and co-promote non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and other DeFi products and protocols.
- Ault Global Holdings, Inc., BitNile’s publicly-traded parent company, previously announced plans to split into two companies by spinning off the Ault Alliance business to its stockholders. The remaining BitNile business will provide bitcoin mining and data center operations and pursue DeFi-related initiatives.
- “Earnity is a transformational investment for BitNile as it embarks on not only mining bitcoin, the foundation of the crypto revolution, but also on bringing the benefits of DeFi to individuals worldwide,” said Ault founder Milton Ault in a press release.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.