Crypto exchange-traded product (ETP) issuer 21Shares is listing Europe’s first product linked to the performance of polygon on the Euronext exchanges in Paris and Amsterdam.
- The listing follows the polygon ETP’s unveiling on the SIX Swiss Exchange last month.
- The ETP will track the Ethereum-scaling network Polygon’s native token, MATIC. Polygon was developed as a means to reduce congestion and fees on the Ethereum network and now hosts more than 3,000 applications.
- 21Shares now boasts 20 crypto ETPs, including the world’s first tracking the performance of Solana, which it listed on SIX in June.
- The firm also tapped U.K.-based infrastructure provider Copper for its custody and staking requirements in October.
- 21Shares manages more than $2.9 billion across its crypto ETPs and 81 other listings, according to an announcement Wednesday.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.