Crypto exchange-traded product (ETP) issuer 21Shares is listing Europe’s first product linked to the performance of polygon on the Euronext exchanges in Paris and Amsterdam.
- The listing follows the polygon ETP’s unveiling on the SIX Swiss Exchange last month.
- The ETP will track the Ethereum-scaling network Polygon’s native token, MATIC. Polygon was developed as a means to reduce congestion and fees on the Ethereum network and now hosts more than 3,000 applications.
- 21Shares now boasts 20 crypto ETPs, including the world’s first tracking the performance of Solana, which it listed on SIX in June.
- The firm also tapped U.K.-based infrastructure provider Copper for its custody and staking requirements in October.
- 21Shares manages more than $2.9 billion across its crypto ETPs and 81 other listings, according to an announcement Wednesday.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.