Asset manager WisdomTree has listed a trio of crypto basket exchange-traded products (ETPs) on Swiss stock exchange SIX and Frankfurt-based Börse Xetra.
- The ETPs, which track proprietary indices developed by WisdomTree, are the WisdomTree Crypto Market (BLOC), WisdomTree Crypto Altcoins (WALT) and WisdomTree Crypto Mega Cap Equal Weight (MEGA).
- BLOC offers exposure to the most established crypto assets, which represent around 70% of the cryptocurrency market cap, such as bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash and litecoin. To avoid overexposure to bitcoin and ether, however, the combined allocation to the two is capped at 75%.
- WALT is focused on altcoins such as cardano, bitcoin cash, litecoin, polkadot and solana. It excludes bitcoin and ether.
- MEGA, conversely, focuses solely on bitcoin and ether as the market’s two “mega-cap” assets.
- The funds are passported for sale across 12 European Union countries plus Norway and Switzerland.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.