Asset manager WisdomTree has listed a trio of crypto basket exchange-traded products (ETPs) on Swiss stock exchange SIX and Frankfurt-based Börse Xetra.
- The ETPs, which track proprietary indices developed by WisdomTree, are the WisdomTree Crypto Market (BLOC), WisdomTree Crypto Altcoins (WALT) and WisdomTree Crypto Mega Cap Equal Weight (MEGA).
- BLOC offers exposure to the most established crypto assets, which represent around 70% of the cryptocurrency market cap, such as bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash and litecoin. To avoid overexposure to bitcoin and ether, however, the combined allocation to the two is capped at 75%.
- WALT is focused on altcoins such as cardano, bitcoin cash, litecoin, polkadot and solana. It excludes bitcoin and ether.
- MEGA, conversely, focuses solely on bitcoin and ether as the market’s two “mega-cap” assets.
- The funds are passported for sale across 12 European Union countries plus Norway and Switzerland.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.