Major crypto players Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Cosmos, Polygon Studios and Solana Ventures were among those that have invested an additional $725 million in funding to close a Series B round for the blockchain gaming platform Forte.
- The round was led by Sea Capital and Kora Management with a number of game and media publishers also participating, including Animoca Brands, Big Bets (Huuuge Games), Overwolf, Playstudios, Warner Music Group and zVentures (Razer).
- Funding will be used to expand Forte’s products and services, as well as speed up the onboarding of emerging game and content publishers.
- Forte’s platform is used by gaming publishers to incorporate blockchain technology into their games. The platform also allows non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to be minted and sold.
- In May, Forte raised $185 million in a Series A round at a $1 billion valuation led by Griffin Gaming Partners.
- This recent funding brings Forte’s total capital raised this year to more than $900 million.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.