Major crypto players Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Cosmos, Polygon Studios and Solana Ventures were among those that have invested an additional $725 million in funding to close a Series B round for the blockchain gaming platform Forte.
- The round was led by Sea Capital and Kora Management with a number of game and media publishers also participating, including Animoca Brands, Big Bets (Huuuge Games), Overwolf, Playstudios, Warner Music Group and zVentures (Razer).
- Funding will be used to expand Forte’s products and services, as well as speed up the onboarding of emerging game and content publishers.
- Forte’s platform is used by gaming publishers to incorporate blockchain technology into their games. The platform also allows non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to be minted and sold.
- In May, Forte raised $185 million in a Series A round at a $1 billion valuation led by Griffin Gaming Partners.
- This recent funding brings Forte’s total capital raised this year to more than $900 million.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.