Singapore-based cryptocurrency trading platform AscendEX has raised $50 million in a Series B funding round led by Polychain Capital and Hack VC with participation from Alameda Research and other investors, the company said in a statement.
- Jump Capital, Uncorrelated Ventures, Eterna Capital, Acheron Trading, Palm Drive Capital and Nothing Research also participated in the round.
- AscendEX, which was launched under the name “BitMax” in July 2018, offers crypto exchange, custody and staking services.
- The company plans to use the funds to “accelerate international market entry and catalyze further product innovation, specifically focused on blockchain-based yield generating protocol,” Global Head of Business Development Shane Molidor said in the statement.
- AscendEX said it serves over one million retail and institutional clients, and has reached over $200 million in average daily trading volume.
- No valuation for the company was disclosed.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.