- The miner’s October bitcoin product rose 12.5% from September due to production from its newly built, larger facility in Cowansville, Québec. The company increased its mining capacity to 1.8 exahashes per second.
- “With new miner deliveries en route and deliveries continuing throughout November, this month we expect to grow our hashrate to over 2 EH/s and improve our electrical efficiency to 44 watts per terahash,” CEO Emiliano Grodzki said in the statement.
- The company has mined 2,750 BTC so far this year and plans to achieve 3 EH/s mining power by the end of the first quarter of 2022, and 8 EH/s by the end of 2022. Bitfarms is constructing two new production facilities in Sherbrooke, Québec, that are slated to be completed in two phases next year, adding 78 megawatts of total capacity.
- Bitfarms said on Oct. 4 that its hashrate, or computing power, increased to over 1.6 EH/s through the expansion of operations at its Cowansville facility and by installing 450 new Bitmain S19j Pro miners.
- Shares of Bitfarms were up 8.8% at the close of markets on Monday without any significant news and outperformed most of its crypto mining peers. On Oct. 1, Bitfarms said that it produced 38% more bitcoin in the third quarter than it did in the second quarter as new bitcoin mining equipment was installed.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.