World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) has signed an agreement with Blockchain Creative Labs, to launch a non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace for licensed digital WWE tokens and collectibles, the company announced Wednesday.
- Blockchain Creative Labs is a new NFT business and creative studio owned by FOX Entertainment and Bento Box Entertainment.
- Blockchain Creative will work closely with WWE to create NFTs capturing memorable moments in wrestling, including WWE Superstars and events such as WrestleMania and SummerSlam.
- In order to take part in the WWE NFT marketplace, fans will need access to the WWE digital wallet through Eluvio which will then allow them to purchase collectibles using traditional currency or cryptocurrency.
- In a recent note, Citi said WWE, video game publisher Activision, FormulaOne Group, Discovery Inc, ViacomCBS are expected to benefit from NFTs.
- “This new partnership allows us to deepen our relationship with FOX, as we continue to explore new and creative ways to engage our passionate fanbase,” said Scott Zanghellini, WWE Senior Vice President, Revenue Strategy and Development.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.