Chinese E-Commerce Giant JD.com Reveals NFTs
JD Technology is offering free collectibles to people who sign up for its conference.
JD.com’s tech arm revealed its non-fungible token (NFT) plans, following on the heels of rival Alibaba.
- JD Technology is offering seven free limited-edition NFTs commemorating its annual conference, JD Discovery, according to a WeChat post on its official account.
- The NFTs, JD’s first, are minted and released on JD Technology’s own blockchain, dubbed JD Chain. The company says it has developed “an NFT technical service platform” on which users can store, verify, circulate and trace NFT collections.
- The seven NFTs feature JD.com’s mascot, each representing one of the company’s key sectors; retail, tech, logistics, health, finance and smart cities.
- One NFT will be given for free to anyone who signs up for the company’s Discovery conference between Oct. 19 and Nov. 22. If they invite more people to attend, they can collect more NFTs to form the full set.
- The seven NFTs will not be released after Nov. 22, but users will be able to transfer them to others.
- JD plans to apply its NFT platform on copyright protection, public welfare, art collection and e-commerce, according to the post.
- JD Technology, formerly JD Digits, is the tech development arm of JD.com, one of China’s biggest e-commerce apps. JD Technology works on blockchain, fintech, AI, healthtech and cloud services.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.