Cryptocurrency mining company BIT Mining (NYSE: BTCM) is investing another $11 million in the Ohio site it is developing with Viking Data Centers.
- BIT Mining said $9.8 million will be paid in cash and the rest in cash or shares.
- That’s on top of the $12.4 million it agreed to invest in September.
- The investment will take BIT Mining’s interest in the site to 55%, with Viking at 45%.
- As a result of the investment, the site’s power to capacity will climb to 150 megawatts (MW), up from the 85 MW originally planned.
- The companies expect to complete the process by March 31, 2022.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.