BIT Mining Invests Another $11M in Ohio Crypto Mining Data Center
The funding will be used to add an extra 65 megawatts of power capacity.
Cryptocurrency mining company BIT Mining (NYSE: BTCM) is investing another $11 million in the Ohio site it is developing with Viking Data Centers.
- BIT Mining said $9.8 million will be paid in cash and the rest in cash or shares.
- That’s on top of the $12.4 million it agreed to invest in September.
- The investment will take BIT Mining’s interest in the site to 55%, with Viking at 45%.
- As a result of the investment, the site’s power to capacity will climb to 150 megawatts (MW), up from the 85 MW originally planned.
- The companies expect to complete the process by March 31, 2022.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.