Binance Becomes New Shirt Sponsor of Italian Soccer Club Lazio
The world’s largest crypto exchange is also introducing a platform for the trading of tokens linked to soccer clubs.
Binance, the world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume, is to become the main shirt sponsor of Rome-based soccer club SS Lazio.
- The deal will last for two years with the option of a third and is worth up to €30 million ($35 million), the club announced Wednesday.
- Binance is also introducing a platform for the trading of tokens linked to top soccer clubs, with Lazio as the launch partner.
- The LAZIO token is now available on Binance Launchpad with 40 million on sale for a total of $4 million. Access will be available in due course via spot trading, bank card purchases and peer-to-peer trading.
- Binance has previously listed tokens of rival Italian soccer team AC Milan in partnership with Chiliz. It now appears to be taking a more direct role with its own fan token platform.
- Fan tokens aim to spur greater engagement between clubs and their supporters with the opportunity to access VIP experiences and other rewards.
Read more: FTX to List Chiliz Tokens for Sports Fans
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.