- The wallet, available as an extension for the Chrome web browser, will look to challenge MetaMask, the non-custodial wallet that in August said it had more than 10 million active users.
- XDEFI offers access to chains such as THORChain and Terra and aims to allow users to move between protocols easily and automatically add new chains. Support for the Arbitum, Avalanche and Solana blockchains will be added in due course, XDEFI said Tuesday.
- The wallet also offers automatic detection of NFTs and a drag-and-drop NFT display grid.
- Features of the wallet include using proprietary gas algorithms to give users a speed boost when the network is more congested.
- The London-based company’s September funding round was led by Mechanism Capital and Defiance Capital, and joined by Alameda Research, Animoca Brands and Sino Global.
- The release of the wallet coincides with crypto exchange Crypto.com unveiling a web browser extension that allows users to connect DeFi wallets with decentralized apps. Crypto.com supports the Ethereum blockchain and the Cronos testnet, with support for the Cronos mainnet and other networks to follow soon, according to an announcement Tuesday.
CORRECTION (OCT. 13, 8:09 UTC): Corrects funding round leaders in fifth bullet point.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.