Binance.US Bumps Brian Shroder to CEO; CFO Departs
The U.S. arm of the cryptocurrency exchange giant named Eric Segal as its interim CFO.
Binance.US has promoted Brian Shroder to CEO, the U.S. arm of the cryptocurrency exchange announced on Friday.
- Shroder was already serving as Binance.US’ president and as a board member. He was previously a strategist and business development executive at Ant Group, an affiliate company of Chinese internet giant Alibaba, and was also an executive at Uber.
- Shroder had been appointed president in September following the abrupt departure of former CEO Brian Brooks. Brooks, the ex-head of the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, had been the CEO for just four months.
- Binance.US also announced it was appointing Eric Segal as its interim chief financial officer (CFO) replacing Joshua Sroge, who is leaving the company.
- “I look forward to growing our team further as we continue to expand our products and services and begin our initial first steps on our pathway to IPO,” Shroder said in a statement.
- Segal will serve as CFO until a permanent CFO is appointed. The company said that it was working with the executive recruiting firm Russell Reynolds Associates on a permanent replacement.
UPDATED (Oct. 8 16:51 UTC): Updated with information about Shroder’s previous positions in the first bullet point.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.