Dolce & Gabbana’s First NFT Collection Sells for $5.7M
The fashion designers’ Collezione Genesi collection was hosted by luxury marketplace UNXD, which is built on the Polygon network.
Dolce & Gabbana’s inaugural non-fungible token (NFT) collection, the Collezione Genesi, fetched approximately $5.65 million in a sale that closed Thursday.
- The group of nine NFTs was launched on luxury marketplace UNXD, which is built on Ethereum layer 2 Polygon.
- The bidding for the collection started Sept. 28 and ended today, with the NFTs being personally designed by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana for UNXD.
- “The Doge Crown” NFT fetched the largest amount - 423.5 ETH, or roughly $1.3 million at current prices, while “The Glass Suit” NFT took in 351.384 ETH, or just over $1 million. The two versions of the “Dress from a Dream” each fetched more than $500,000.
- Winners of each item received not only the NFT, but physical versions of the items and exclusive access to Dolce & Gabbana events.
- UNXD has also partnered with Polygon to launch a $10 million “Culture Fund” that aims to expand the use of NFTs in the fashion industry.
UPDATE (Sept. 30, 20:31 UTC): Updated with additional sales details in third bullet point.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.