BTG Pactual plans to launch a platform for blockchain-based investments.
- The Brazilian investment bank said Monday its crypto arm, called Mynt, will be available in the late this year, allowing bitcoin and ether. The company said it would make the service available to users of BTG Pactual digital and BTG+, its digital bank.
- “At this first moment, we will have the two main assets of the market, but we will include other cryptos for trading over time,” André Portilho, head of Digital Assets at BTG Pactual, said in a statement. “We will have a complete platform with blockchain-based assets.”
- According to Portilho, Mynt will also provide content to inform and educate clients about crypto technology.
- BTG Pactual , which began studying the crypto industry in 2017, issued its ReitBZ security token in 2019; this April it launched a bitcoin fund.
- It ranks among Latin America’s largest investment banks and offers wealth management, corporate lending, asset management and sales and trading services.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.