A security token offering (STO) operating on the Bitcoin sidechain Liquid Network has been approved by Germany’s Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin).
- Luxembourg-based video game publisher Exordium’s EXOeu token is now available to all German investors on digital asset marketplace STOKR.
- This is the first approval of an STO issued on a Bitcoin sidechain by BaFin, Exordium announced Friday.
- The EXOeu token, issued by tokenization platform Blockstream AMP, allows investors to buy equity in future profits of the online space strategy game Infinite Fleet.
- The STO harnesses the Bitcoin sidechain Liquid, which enables higher transaction speed than on the cryptocurrency’s principal network.
- Exordium has raised $7.3 million to date to date, $4.3 million of which has been since the launch of the STO in January this year.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.