- The London-based team will look into the impact of crypto on equities and fixed income globally, Bloomberg wrote.
- The report was confirmed to London’s CityAM newspaper. The bank didn’t respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment as of press time.
- The new group will report globally to James Faucette and locally to Adam Wood. The two lead Morgan Stanley’s research teams on fintech and payments in the U.S. and Europe.
- Most recently, Shah was Morgan Stanley’s Europe lead for the Group of 10 foreign-exchange strategy, according to her LinkedIn profile. She had held that position since 2013.
- In June, Morgan Stanley bought shares of Grayscale Bitcoin Trust. Grayscale’s parent company, Digital Currency Group, also owns CoinDesk.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.