Steven Cohen will invest in a new crypto trading firm in the billionaire hedge-fund manager’s latest bet on the cryptocurrency market.
- The New York Mets owner is set to make an investment in Radkl, a quantitative trading firm for digital assets, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
- Pronounced “radical,” Radkl launches today and is run by a team from high-speed trading firm GTS.
- A spokeswoman from Point72 Asset Management, Cohen’s hedge-fund firm, has said that Cohen is investing in Radkl in a personal capacity and won’t be involved in its day-to-day operations.
- Point72 has also been actively investing in the crypto market, and led a $21 million Series A funding round into data analytics platform Messari last month.
- Cohen’s forays into crypto go back to 2018, when he invested in cryptocurrency-focused hedge fund Autonomous Partners.
Read more about
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.