- The company said that it would trade under the BTCS symbol.
- In a press release, BTCS CEO Charles Allen called the announcement a “significant milestone and evolution of BTCS.”
- “We have refined our strategy to create significant growth in shareholder value. Now with a Nasdaq listing imminent, we are positioned to accelerate the execution of our strategy as we focus on expanding and growing our operations in the burgeoning blockchain space,” he said.
- The company noted that it had made “timely purchases of bitcoin, ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies” during the first half of this year and has “substantially grown its digital assets” over the last year.
- As of Sept. 10, BTCS’s digital asset holdings held a fair market value of about $33 million, the company said.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.