MetaverseSociety Corp. signed an exclusive partnership with Red Date Technology to operate South Korea’s first Blockchain Services Network portal, according to a Red Date press release shared with CoinDesk.
- Through the portal, South Korean developers will be able to access a localized version of the BSN to build decentralized applications.
- The BSN already runs portals in Hong Kong and Macau.
- The BSN is an “internet of blockchains,” developed by Red Date under the auspices of Chinese government entities, China Mobile, China UnionPay and China State Information Center.
- Seoul-based MetaverseSociety is the blockchain spin-off of IT consultancy CiDOW Corp. Its flagship product is the MarX Project, a decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible token (NFT) platform.
- MetaverseSociety expects that the “BSN will strengthen trust and increase efficiency in the linkage and utilization of global blockchain-based systems,” David DoYoen Kim, the company’s CEO, told CoinDesk. He added that in the mid to long term, public institutions and large corporations will be using private BSNs.
- The network runs through 135 city nodes in China and eight nodes abroad, and offers developers Blockchain-as-a-Service across the majority of major protocols, including Ethereum, EOS, Polkadot, NEO, Tezos, Oasis, Hyperledger Fabric, ConsenSys Quorum and Corda, as well as the ability to connect between different chains.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.