1inch Network, a platform that aims to find the best deals across multiple decentralized exchanges (DEXs), is looking to raise $70 million in a Series B round token sale at a $2.2 billion valuation, the firm confirmed to CoinDesk in an email Thursday. The news was first reported by The Block.
- 1inch is in the early stages of this latest venture round, which it is looking to close by the end of 2021.
- In an email, 1inch co-founder Sergej Kunz said the company would use the capital to decentralize its “network of backers even further,” noting that it had already grown “from two-and-a-half men in 2019 to more than 65 contributors and multiple teams around the globe.”
- Kunz added that 1inch was “looking for smart money and value add contributors to help us with our path forward with 1inch Pro, its institutional-grade, regulated product offering.”
- Sergey Maslennikov, 1inch’s chief communications officer, wrote separately that the company would expand its developer and marketing teams as it “aims to release two more protocols.”
- Maslennikov also said that 1inch was looking “to onboard the next 10 million users in DeFi” with its 1inch wallet app.
- “The 1INCH token price in discussion is $1.50 and will be sold in part from our Growth & Development Fund to ensure the healthy growth and expansion of the 1inch Network,” Maslennikov said of the raise.
- “This round’s tokens will also have a lock-up period with linear vesting similar to previous rounds,” he added.
UPDATE (August 31, 05:51): Adds Kunz’s comments.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.